Who is involved in the Institute
Faculty and students have typically been involved in the following organizations and movements:
- American Ethical Union
- American Humanist Association
- American Rationalist Association
- Council on Secular Humanism
- The Center for Inquiry
- Freedom from Religion Foundation
- Friends of Religious Humanism
- Humanist Society
- Society for Humanistic Judaism
- Unitarian Universalist Association
Every entering class of students is assigned a mentor or mentors selected from the faculty. The mentors serve as counselors, resources, consultants, and guides for the three-year period.
Faculty members are nominated by the Co-Deans from academic scholars and community leaders who, by training or experience, can offer advance instruction to the students of the Institute. Other officers of instruction are named by the Board of Directors on recommendation of the Co-Deans.